St. Angela's School has a long history going back to 1945. The Sisters of St. Joseph wanted to start a girls' school in Seria, but they did not have the money and other resources. So they joined the Mill Hill Fathers and started a school for boys and girls. This school was started in 1945. It was in the place where BSRC (Brunei Shell Recreation Club) is now. It was called the Seria English School. The school was later moved to Lorong 4. It was close to the seaside where we are now.
In 1952, the school was allowed to have classes until Form 3. At the same time, a building was put up where St. Michael's School now is and the boys and girls moved to this school.
Very soon the school became overcrowded. In 1955, it was decided to separate the girls and boys. The result was St. Angela's School as we know it today. It took two years to be built. The trees had to be cut down and the land has to be sand-filled as it was swampy land. The first block had six class rooms. These were used by Primary classes. The school was named ST. ANGELA'S CONVENT SCHOOL in honour of St. Angela Merici who has been a great educator for young girls.